Friday, November 09, 2007

The triathlon goes on

Despite the oil spill in the San Francisco Bay, the Treasure Island triathlon will still take place. They may eliminate the swim portion though. We are getting ready for Byron's tri. He is packed with his clif bars and gels taped all over his bike and number belt. I am excited to be off work for 7 nights and see him race. His best friend Phoenix will be coming down with us too.

This week I started working out a again. Last weekend i did a practice tri and had a lot of trouble by he run portion. I took it a s a lesson that I need to get back to regular training in all 3 sports. So I have been swimming more which I am loving again. I am learning to breathe on both sides. I only breathed on my right before. The bilateral breathing has improved my stroke, speed and ability to float significantly. I can even keep up with Byron and James. It is tiring though readjusting my breath. But that is just a matter of practice. I did some sprinting/walking/running for 3 miles on the trail Wednesday. I felt a nice soreness in my legs for a day afterwards. I have scheduled clinic so that I have some time to work out after work which is really nice. I am enjoying it.

No comments: