Wednesday, October 17, 2007

10K

James, Byron and I ran in a 10K last weekend. It was a pleasant run in the vineyards of Lake county. Luna and Liam participated int he 5K run/walk with our friend Justin and his son. James placed 7th overall and 3rd in his age group. Way to go James!!! Byron won 1st in his age group. Awesome Byron!!!

I finished and never once thought about stopping though near the end I just wanted to be finished. In fact, after mile 5 where I was crying out of happiness, I immediately switched to crying out of frustration. "I just want ot be done!" I yelled. I was alone so it was okay. I passed a worm farm and wondered for several minutes exactly how fast do worms run a 10K. I was losing it and began to chant "worm farm...worm farm...worm farm...worm farm...worm farm...worm farm...worm farm..." for the remainder of the race. I reached mile 6 and was elated again. I saw my family and dear friend Sara cheering me on. I completely let go and sprinted to the finish. I felt like I was flying. I reached my family and friend and did not see a finish line. Not again. Where is the damn finish line? "Over there" they pointed. What? I thought *they* were the finish line. I was frustrated again. James asked if I wanted him to take my sweatshirt. yes. no. yes. I try to untie while running, throwing it at him. then I want to get rid of my cellphone/mp3 player. It would not come unhooked. I was cursing like a sailer at that point and finally got it off and threw it to the ground.

I reached the tiny finish chute.

And finished not once stopping.

I redeemed my self after stopping on the run at the triathlon.

No comments: