Monday, April 07, 2008

Back to training- 1/2 marathon

Now that I have returned to regular life I am training for a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). I had thought about it and kept up with running over the winter but really committed to it after watching the runners in Edinburgh. Today I registered for the actual race in Sacramento. Paid and non refundable. I guess I am really committed. I have almost 4 weeks (26 days) to complete training. Last week I did my full schedule and logged about 20 running miles. I ran my longest yesterday which was about 7 miles. I was in the Marin Headlands with nice rolling hills and sandy beaches. Wow, that was tough!!!!! I like flat. I really like flat! I'm still new to this whole running thing. The sand was a whole other experience. Challenging. I loved being near the ocean but I was happy when I was back on dirt. I was proud when I finished. 11 months ago I could barely run 1/4 mile and here I am running 7 and seeing that 13 is in sight.

No comments: