Thursday, January 17, 2008

Running

Been running with some cross training. I am focused on completing a half-marathon (13.1 miles) by Spring 2008. I began a training program over the holidays, increased my base runs to 4.25 miles and got sick. I started over again last week and am staying consistent. Two days ago I ran 5.5 miles and decreased my avg mile time by 12 seconds. It has been cold and rainy so the bike has been hiding. I took it out on the first day of sun and had a fabulous time riding 18 miles in the valley passing cows, sheep, turkeys, geese and horses. I swim on the rainy days or when I need a break from running. My speed has increased since I began bilateral breathing. I can draft with James.

What is really cool about running is I began hating it every step. There are days when I still feel that way on a run and find out my time is fast. But really I am loving going out into the country and just running. No cars. No distractions. Just getting lost in my world running feeling proud when I finish. My time is slowly bust consistently getting faster. Honestly though I am in it for the distance and enjoyment. Not so much speed. But it does help when I am hyperventilating all 4.5 miles and find out I have cut a few minutes off my time.

Today I am planning a 10K followed by a swim.

No comments: